Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Amy's bachelorette party and wedding in Illinois

Sunday the 21st of November (yes that is the day right after Davin and Jake flew in) Amy, Jake, Davin, Preston, and I hit the road to Nauvoo, Illinois after picking up the tuxes. It was about a 9 hour drive from my parents house to Nauvoo, Illinois for Amy's wedding on the 23rd. Yikes!! However Preston only got sad the last hour of the trip....he was just voicing the way we all felt that last hour....lol

This was at the only restaurant in town for Amy's "bachelorette" party....no worries...nothing to risqué or anything we just wore fake eye glasses, noses and paper mustaches. The people at the small restaurant thought we were exceptionally cool.....LoL. We also played apples to apples and ate cake....MMmmmm!! ;-) It was really fun.
Amy trying out her wedding day.... disguise....lol


Amy and Jake were successfully married and looking fabulous!! Shortly after family pictures when Seth, Megan, Scarlett, Davin, me, Preston and my dad were in the hotel room packing up my dad collapsed and we had to call an ambulance. He was taken to a small hospital in Iowa (about 30 mins from Nauvoo, Illinois.) my mom had to be called out from Amy and Jake's photo shoot to go with my dad. The whole experience was very scary.
This was us at the Dinner Jake's family put on a few hours after the wedding and my dad going to the hospital. My mom and dad couldn't come because they were at the hospital. Seth, Megan, and Scarlett came late because they had gone to the hospital as well. The dinner was very nice.


Preston loves his Auntie Amy!
Amy wore a huge bag thing that was decorated to keep her dress from getting dirty.


We sat with Elise and her 2 boys for dinner. lol Cooper didn't want to smile and Preston just wanted to eat!
Shortly after dinner we found out that my dad had to be transferred to the bigger hospital with the capabilities for a heart cath. in Iowa City, Iowa. Megan's parents live in Iowa city so we decided to pack up shop and go stay at Megan's parents house which was not too far from the hospital my dad was being transferred too. Megan and Scarlett got a ride from Megan's sister Alicia to their parent's house. Seth, Preston, Davin and I stopped by the smaller hospital before my dad was transferred so Davin and Seth could give him a blessing. My dad was in somewhat stable condition and it was nice to see him talking and in good spirits after the initial incident which had really made me nervous.

That Wednesday we just hung out at Megan's parents and visited my parents at the hospital. We found out during our visit to the hospital that my dad would most likely be released on thanksgiving because his heart looked good during the heart cath. so it wasn't another heart attack. With that news we decided to pack up shop again and drive to Waterloo, Iowa (only about 11/2 hours away) to stay the night before Thanksgiving at my grandparents house with all the extended family! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment