Saturday, April 18, 2009

move to provo, ut

well after the engagement we had a dilemma. Davin was heading back to Provo, UT to continue his education at Brigham Young University in August (just a month after we got engaged). We had decided to get married December 2007 which was between semesters for Davin. I didn't want to stay in Michigan without him so i decided to go to Provo, UT with him. In order for me to go i had to sell my first love.....my horse. It was one of the most difficult things i have ever had to do. I guess every good thing has an end.

So Davin and i drove down to Provo, UT in his old car. Which as it turns out does not have air conditioning. Also we lucked out and decided to drive on the days where there were heat advisories in ever state we drove through. We sweat throughout the entire drive. We actually stopped once and sat in the freezer section of a walmart for a good half hour. lol

When we arrived i was shocked by how beautiful Utah was with the mountains and canyons. We both moved into single student apartments and we were just down the hall from each other. I had never lived with roommates before and i was very nervous at first. But, i ended up having a great time and really appreciating my roommates for the wonderful girls they were. I would say we had a blast at our single church ward but it was more like just me. Davin was so busy with school and work that i rarely ever saw him. But i went and enjoyed mostly all of the activities of our apartment complex and church ward without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment